Welcome to Matteiru Scans Forums

Welcome to Matteiru Scans Forums, you must register before you can see all forums. Login to see our chat box! Check your spam box for our emails!
If you do not receive your verification email or have other issues with registration please email us at social{at}matteiruscans.com!

Photo

Recruitment - We want you!

* * * * * 3 votes recruitment

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#1 holanio Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

holanio

a bean

• Staff Emeritus
  • 834 posts

Current mood: Spaced

rec_01.png

A handful of HaruHime’s remaining staff wanted to make a subgroup to continue some of our favorite and beloved series. “Matteiru” in Japanese means “Waiting for you”, and now we're waiting for YOU to join us to work on projects that we all love =]

rec_page_matteiru_02.pngWe are recruiting Japanese Translators, Editors, Proofreaders & Typesetter. (updated 02.16.2015) We are looking for people who will become dedicated and committed to our group in the long run. We prefer skilled recruits, but if you think you're good at the job then we urge you to try and apply anyway. (We may be able to train translators) Nonetheless, I am sure you will still learn a lot regardless of your skill level.

We also offer some special things for you! If you get accepted for one position, we can offer to train you in other positions that you're interested in. If you're from an international scanlation group and you want to use our cleans or scans to use for your retranslation, we will give you access to that as well.

Types of Positions you may apply for:

• Japanese Translator (Must be proficient in both Japanese and English language.)
  • English Proofreader (Proficient in English, NOT a robot, smart and thinks outside the box.)
  • Editor (Cleans, typesets and knows redrawing. Someone awesome.)
  • Cleaner (Focuses on cleaning and redrawing. Has a keen eye for colors and details. )
  • Redrawer (Focuses on redrawing only. Does necessary generally intensive redraws or cloning.
  • Typesetter (Puts the English translations onto cleaned scans. Has an eye for typography.)

NOTE! Editors, cleaners, re-drawers, and typesetters are required to use Photoshop.

NOTE! Positions which are grayed out are closed until further notice.

We have very relaxed deadlines however, there are a couple series in which we hope to release at least once or twice a month. We may choose to test you.

Please feel free to leave a reply here with:

• Your skill level (Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced)
  • Position desired
  • Which projects you're interested in working on (we can consider even bringing in new ones if you bribe us with your love and affection)
  • Describe your personality
  • Sample work (if any)

jajjlx.jpg

uBEATAJsig_zpsb19be736.png

#2 yukiko Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

yukiko

Translator

• Collaborators
  • 24 posts

Current mood: In Love

あのさ。。。I'm down for helping out. CoyoMoose is down to just two series now, so I can take on something.

- Your skill level (Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced): Advanced
- Position desired: Typesetter, Translator
- Which projects you're interested in working on: I'm not picky, Mairunovich would be nice though.
- Describe your personality: Uhhhhhm, I dunno. I'm blunt and sarcastic, which can sometimes be hard to take over the internet.
- Examples of your previous work:

If you want more lemme know.

#3 holanio Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

holanio

a bean

• Staff Emeritus
  • 834 posts

Yes'm! We want you Yukiko 8D

#4 Haikara Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:32 AM

Haikara

Sugars Warrior

• Inactive Staff
  • 46 posts

Current mood: Starving

Sent application via PM to holanio :)

#5 freija93 Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:53 AM

freija93

Perfect Proofer

• Staff Emeritus
  • 325 posts

Hello, Matteiru Scans! I'm interested in helping you guys so here goes nothing!

- Your skill level: Intermediate, I think? Not sure about this, haha~

- Position desired: Proofreader

- Which projects you're interested in working on: There is not any preference at the moment, though KKK made me quite interested.

- Describe your personality: I'm a diligent and responsible person. I do my best and will be sure to notify if I can't take up a task or can't finish it properly.

- Examples of your previous work: I worked as a proofreader in a very old manga scan group (it's closed now and I don't keep the scans to show you) so I can't give any example, haha~

- Note: I am actually interested in editing/typesetting as well, I've tried it before, did couple chapters, but with very basic skills. I'm not sure with my school schedule though, so if I'm to be given editing/typesetting works, maybe I can do half of the chapter while someone else does the other half.

I guess that's all, any question feel free to ask me! Thanks for reading. :D

#6 potZkie Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:14 AM

potZkie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Current mood: None chosen

hi!

im interested in joining and helping the group,i think i can translate jap. manga's...

but i dont have experience its my 1st time doing this.

if you want you can email me at kawaii_jhunie@yahoo.com thanks!

#7 potZkie Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:24 AM

potZkie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

- Your skill level :Beginner
- Position desired:translator
- Which projects you're interested in working on (we can consider even bringing in new ones if you bribe us with your love and affection):anything is fine as long as its shoujo!=)
- Describe your personality:its really difficult to describe your self..LOL but i think ill go with mature?^_^
- Examples of your previous work:NONE..hehehehehe its my first time doing this..

#8 souka Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:22 AM

souka

poop master

• Staff
  • 1,020 posts

Current mood: Sluggish

Hi potZkie!

I have sent you the test via email and PM.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

souka

I love sushi.

#9 portiaaa Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:32 PM

portiaaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

- Your skill level (Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced): Beginner
- Position desired: Japanese Translator
- Which projects you're interested in working on (we can consider even bringing in new ones if you bribe us with your love and affection): Not picky - something that's has romance and tragedy. 
- Describe your personality: blunt and sometimes sarcastic, but otherwise friendly.
- Examples of your previous work: N/A

(I'd really prefer it if someone could possibly train me as I'm not very confident.)

#10 souka Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:10 PM

souka

poop master

• Staff
  • 1,020 posts

- Your skill level (Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced): Beginner
- Position desired: Japanese Translator
- Which projects you're interested in working on (we can consider even bringing in new ones if you bribe us with your love and affection): Not picky - something that's has romance and tragedy. 
- Describe your personality: blunt and sometimes sarcastic, but otherwise friendly.
- Examples of your previous work: N/A

(I'd really prefer it if someone could possibly train me as I'm not very confident.)

Hi portiaaa,

I've sent you the test via PM and email.

souka

I love sushi.

#11 elena Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:15 PM

elena

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hiya!

- Your skill level: Intermediate (only translated/proofread a few times)
- Position desired: Japanese translator/proofreader
- Which projects you're interested in working on: Mairunovich? I'm not too picky
- Describe your personality: Sarcastic, random, slightly weird
- Examples of your previous work: N/A, lost track of which project chapters I worked on :(

#12 Kazuki Ouma Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:13 PM

Kazuki Ouma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

- Your skill level ( Beginner although I've translated a few chapters before and understand enough slang to go around with )
- Position desired ( Japanese translator )
- Which projects you're interested in working on ( anything really just as long as I don't get bombarded I guess haha )
- Describe your personality ( I'm a sensitive airhead )
- Examples of your previous work ( I've lost track but I recently worked on Pastel Chapter 130 and Kagerou Daze/Days Chapter 10 )

#13 souka Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:08 PM

souka

poop master

• Staff
  • 1,020 posts

Sent you the info via PM.

Thanks for applying, Kazuki.

souka

I love sushi.

#14 Gisselle Lopez Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:22 PM

Gisselle Lopez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

- Your skill level (Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced): I believe i'm stuck between intermediate and advanced.

- Position desired-Translator

- Which projects you're interested in working on (we can consider even bringing in new ones if you bribe us with your love and affection): Mairunovich :3 saw your ads there~ 

- Describe your personality-Pretty open minded, friendly and easy going :3

- Examples of your previous work-I haven't worked with manga translations however I do translate idol magazine interviews for my fandom (Johnny's Hey! Say!JUMP)

Journal where I post my translations---> kodochalover.livejournal.com

Thanks for your time~^^

#15 souka Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:29 PM

souka

poop master

• Staff
  • 1,020 posts

- Your skill level (Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced): I believe i'm stuck between intermediate and advanced.

- Position desired-Translator

- Which projects you're interested in working on (we can consider even bringing in new ones if you bribe us with your love and affection): Mairunovich :3 saw your ads there~ 

- Describe your personality-Pretty open minded, friendly and easy going :3

- Examples of your previous work-I haven't worked with manga translations however I do translate idol magazine interviews for my fandom (Johnny's Hey! Say!JUMP)

Journal where I post my translations---> kodochalover.livejournal.com

Thanks for your time~^^

Hi Giselle, unfortunately Mairu is not available to work on... might you be interested in other positions and still want to apply?

You can check out our other projects in our Releases forum: http://www.matteirus...um/24-archives/

We also have some upcoming summer projects... if you would like to know more, please PM me.

souka

I love sushi.

#16 KASI Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

KASI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello >< new here..

but interested!

- Your skill level (Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced): Beginner/intermediate
- Position desired: Japanese translator, Proofreader (or anything I can help with that involves japanese)
- Which projects you're interested in working on: anything is fine :)
- Describe your personality: Open minded, curious, social, easy going..? haha xD

- Examples of your previous work: None =\ I've worked previously but part-ways through I lost all of my computer data, and someone else completed it.. *sob*

I look forward to helping out~  :)

#17 souka Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:44 AM

souka

poop master

• Staff
  • 1,020 posts

Hello >< new here..

but interested!

- Your skill level (Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced): Beginner/intermediate
- Position desired: Japanese translator, Proofreader (or anything I can help with that involves japanese)
- Which projects you're interested in working on: anything is fine :)
- Describe your personality: Open minded, curious, social, easy going..? haha xD

- Examples of your previous work: None =\ I've worked previously but part-ways through I lost all of my computer data, and someone else completed it.. *sob*

I look forward to helping out~  :)

Sent you the test via PM.

souka

I love sushi.

#18 Mars Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:36 AM

Mars

Ninja Proofer

• Staff
  • 20 posts

Current mood: Balanced

Hello. I would like to apply for a position as proofreader.
I hope you still have slots open for new ones.  

> Your skill level: Beginner
> Position desired: Proofreader
> Which projects you're interested in working on: Any projects.
> Describe your personality: Studious, hardworking, extremely meticulous person.
> Previous work: Unfortunately, none in relation to manga, but I am eagerly hoping you would still consider my application.

P.S. I also know how to typeset and clean manga.

#19 Skye Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

Skye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Your skill level: Advanced
Position desired: Proofreader
Which projects you're interested in working on: Anything, but Mairu got me interested in helping out!
Describe your personality: I'm friendly and I love manga. Like I love it to death. Also, I like getting along with others! I do my work very fast and thoroughly as well! (:
Previous work: I proofread several projects for a scanlation group before, but retired because of school work and I was also a Vietnamese Translator for several series as well. It usually takes me about 10-15 minutes for every chapter I proofread.

#20 holanio Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

holanio

a bean

• Staff Emeritus
  • 834 posts

I will PM you two soon. I need to make the proofreading test harder and more lame.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users