Welcome to Matteiru Scans Forums

Welcome to Matteiru Scans Forums, you must register before you can see all forums. Login to see our chat box! Check your spam box for our emails!
If you do not receive your verification email or have other issues with registration please email us at social{at}matteiruscans.com!

Photo

Of Big Ears and Rosy Cheeks

- - - - - stand up! release yamakawa aiji

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 jujuseed Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:22 PM

jujuseed

Ediproofitor

• Inactive Staff
  • 96 posts

tumblr_mnc6r8DyLN1qg2ghuo1_1280.png

Howdy guys! Jujuseed here! Hope you enjoyed this month's Mairuthon, I know I did!

Today, I bring you guys a personal favourite of mine (and I'm sure, of many others), the very first chapter of Stand Up! by Yamakawa Aiji, and we'll be picking this up from now on! It might come as a surprise considering that this is rather out of the blue (or not, since we've been hinting at a 'secret' project for weeks!), but here you go, one of Matteiru's 'surprise' projects out of the closet!

Super duper big thanks to the delightful Ren and the amazing Holanio, for without them, this chapter would most likely never see the light of day! Also, thanks to the lovely AoyamaReika for her super speedy and thorough proofreading skillage!

And last but not least, serious props goes to the knee-weakeningly handsome Souka for translating the chapter in under a week! Honestly, if I were a guy and had to translate all this flowery shoujo manga in such a short period of time, I'd probably get a hernia or something. Not only that, but Souka's also travelled miles and miles just to get us the May issue of Betsuma for this release. Please, send the guy some warm moist chocolate-chip cookies for his efforts (or treat him to expensive sushi, I'm sure he wouldn't mind that either).

Please shower them all (in their inboxes) with the love and affection that they so ardently deserve.

We're also aware that there are other groups out there who have picked this up (since it's so popular!), but we've had this in the works for a pretty long time and I personally have gotten quite attached to this manga - I just can't bear to drop it now! A lot of time and love went into this chapter, so we do hope you give it a chance *3*

Anyhoo, we hope you enjoy our version, and happy reading! <3

Stand Up! 1: Read OnlineMediaFire | 4Shared

....OH, AND BEFORE I FORGET!!!!!

We've got a brand new website now, guys!

tumblr_mnce4pNdDj1qg2ghuo1_1280.png

A whole bunch of us begged Souka to keep a website for our group instead of being 'forum-only', and he was kind enough to listen! It's still in the works and there's heaps more to come, it was a team-effort so do check it out!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Of course, if you'd like more goodies, sneak-peeks, previews?

Follow us on Twitter,
Stalk us on Facebook,
or Join us at our Forums where most of the action happens!

#2 freija93 Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

freija93

Perfect Proofer

• Staff Emeritus
  • 325 posts

I love Matteiru Scans. v__v

:wub:

#3 Ren Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

Ren

The one with all the scanners!

• Staff
  • 1,304 posts

Donator

Current mood: Bookworm
I love Matteiru Scans. v__v

:wub:

I second that notion. Good job , guys! Everyone did very well.

You did well...

#4 orquidea_negra1 Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:53 AM

orquidea_negra1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Current mood: None chosen

Thank you so much for the release.

#5 imaai Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:15 AM

imaai

Advan-freaking-awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Current mood: Fine

Yay! I've been looking forward to this series ever since I first heard about it and so glad that you guys are scanlating this~

I love you guys! seriously, matteiru scans is the only scanlation-forum group that I visit oftenly because it's really nice to be here. You're all really cool people, thanks a lot for the hardwork.  :wub: keep up the fantabulous job guys!

The website is really great as well, love the user-friendly neat look and simple yet clean navigation c: 

ps. I don't know if you guys already knew about this or if this is any help at all, but comiczip.net provides free & up-to-date raws of most shoujo magazines (and other genres as well as far as I know) like Betsuma, Hana to Yume, LaLa, etc every month usually 1-7 day(s) after they're released in Japan. So maybe you can use them for scanlations? If you guys prefer to use your own private raws to scanlate then I understand, but you can still download and use the raws, for example, to choose a new project to work on or to know if it's interesting enough without actually going out of your way to get the magazine just to be disappointed later on...

#6 jujuseed Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:25 AM

jujuseed

Ediproofitor

• Inactive Staff
  • 96 posts
ps. I don't know if you guys already knew about this or if this is any help at all, but comiczip.net provides free & up-to-date raws of most shoujo magazines (and other genres as well as far as I know) like Betsuma, Hana to Yume, LaLa, etc every month usually 1-7 day(s) after they're released in Japan. So maybe you can use them for scanlations? If you guys prefer to use your own private raws to scanlate then I understand, but you can still download and use the raws, for example, to choose a new project to work on or to know if it's interesting enough without actually going out of your way to get the magazine just to be disappointed later on...

Haha, that's exactly what we did for this project actually! I'm a super avid Betsuma fan and when I found out that Yamakawa Aiji was doing a new serialization, I pounced on the free raws pronto and suggested it for a new project ^^ 

But yeah, our group prefers to use private raws because the free raws aren't all that great quality, even though they're legible and can be used for translating purposes. You're exactly right though, you've got super great insight! :) (The site we use is a little different, it's called manga-zone and posts the entire magazine - I use it for Betsuma and Margaret releases). 

Posted Image

#7 holanio Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:01 AM

holanio

a bean

• Staff Emeritus
  • 834 posts

Current mood: Spaced

Imaai, HOW DID YOU FIGURE US OUT SO FAST? It's like you're already part of the group 8D You know everything about us!! Haha.

Thank you for the feedback as well. Please let us know if there's anywhere we can make improvements and so on~

uBEATAJsig_zpsb19be736.png

#8 Lily Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:09 PM

Lily

UnderTheBlossomingCherryTree (IT)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Current mood: Dreaming

Really really nice!!! Thanks, I love Yamakawa sensei works!!

#9 imaai Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:02 AM

imaai

Advan-freaking-awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Current mood: Fine

Ahh, I see! Well, great minds think alike after all  :D

anyway, glad that we have the same opinion regarding this haha.

& as for the feedback, it's nothing! thanks for being open-minded in the first place! (:

#10 Wilkin Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

Wilkin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Current mood: None chosen

Thank you for your hard work on this chapter every one! I really enjoyed it and I am looking forward to the next.

#11 Lily Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:20 PM

Lily

UnderTheBlossomingCherryTree (IT)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Current mood: Dreaming

Any way compliments for new website...fantastic!

#12 Sonk_Hachi Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:47 AM

Sonk_Hachi

Ambassador of Awesome

• Staff
  • 127 posts

Current mood: Musical

Wow, you guys are very amazing *_____* Thank you for your hard work!! =D

Posted Image

#13 Jenatrix Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:56 PM

Jenatrix

Advanced Member

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Donator

Aweeee thank you!!!!!! Wish I could translate :( but I only know English *sigh*

#14 souka Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:05 PM

souka

poop master

• Staff
  • 1,020 posts

Current mood: Sluggish

JENATRIX PROOFREADER.

J/K I'm sure you're busy enough with life and your kid.

souka

I love sushi.

#15 Jenatrix Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:34 AM

Jenatrix

Advanced Member

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Donator

I wish! Its true, the only time I can really read and relax is when he sleeps, can't complain he is a good egg!

#16 holanio Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:29 AM

holanio

a bean

• Staff Emeritus
  • 834 posts

Current mood: Spaced

Oh!! But we'll always need good English to English Translators ;D Consider it~

uBEATAJsig_zpsb19be736.png

#17 Jenatrix Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:19 AM

Jenatrix

Advanced Member

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Donator

Consider that position filled!!! Hah hah.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stand up!, release, yamakawa aiji

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users