Welcome to Matteiru Scans Forums

Welcome to Matteiru Scans Forums, you must register before you can see all forums. Login to see our chat box! Check your spam box for our emails!
If you do not receive your verification email or have other issues with registration please email us at social{at}matteiruscans.com!

Photo

Of Releases and Korean Dramas

- - - - - Mashikaku Rock Hal Release Hanas Rant

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 CookieMonsterHana Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

CookieMonsterHana

Procrastinating Fangirl

• Staff
  • 161 posts

Current mood: Procrastinating

Happy April, guys! We're already knee deep in the new month and everything goes by so fast, it's almost not funny anymore. [School's almost out *squeals*]

So I've recently gotten into Korean dramas, and let me say, they hurt. Like, the feels you get from watching K-dramas isn't even funny. (Or well, sometimes, depending on how fun it is. Y'know what i mean?) I've been bawling and rolling on the floor all weekend as I watched this one drama - Princess Hours - and man, half of my crying is from the sheer awkwardness of the lead girl. It's funny and painful all at the same time. (Also based off of a manwha called Goong, read it while you can <3) The main guy just... he scares me sometimes, really. It hurts to see what he's doing like he's screwing himself over so much and it's just... I'm just... asdfghjkl;

(as you can see, I'm not very articulate when I'm flailing and squealing like a rabid fangirl.)

But enough about that, I'm sure you guys are excited for a release! Before you scroll and leave me to go download the amazing chapters, I need some help. Matteiru is desperately looking for a few more translators. Poor sou-chan's working his butt off translating every single one of our releases, and the poor guy is tired. Help ease his pain by joining now! We're also looking for Editors (cleaners and/or typesetters), so if you have any skills, quickly, get on board the Matteiru train! We aren't gonna bite [:

Sooo now that that's done, let's see what goodies we've prepared for you today:

Mashikaku Rock Extra: Read Online | MediaFire | 4Shared

Our joint with Shoujo Crusade! Be sure to stop by on their group to thank them as well [:

hola-note: It's also HAIKARA'S BIRTHDAY TODAAAAY!! YEAAAAH!! You know what's funny. Haikara cleaned this chapter (voluntarily--just saying) and she's also the cleaner for Shoujo Crusade AND us. So... that's like a--what?--triple whammy. Anywho, commence showering her with love and affection.

Hal 1: Read Online | MediaFire | 4Shared

Hey look, it's a new project! A joint with asdf scans as well, so go drop by a visit to them as well~

Note: Let me just say now, the members of Matteiru are already well aware that Shoujo Sense as well as Chibi Manga are already scanlating this manga. Please don't go on about how we're stealing projects - we're just doing what we want. If you don't like it, don't read it. Don't hate.

I hope you guys enjoyed our releases! Check back soon - we might be having more goodies for you all [;

PS: Batoto links will be up soon~

Sono Me Kuchi Hodoni Story 3: MediaFire | 4shared

Sono Me Kuchi Hodoni Omake: MediaFire | 4shared

Our joint with Sound of Jewels! Nyreem snagged us the raws and we're finally done with this one volumer! We hope you like how all the stories connect back together :'D Time for us to go back to updating Tomodachi Gokko, which we've been avoiding for a long time... Sound of Jewels has a waiting period for uploading manga, so please respect it. Thank you guys again ^^

You may follow us on Twitter if you so desire -- https://twitter.com/MatteiruScans
Like us on FaceBook if you're really manly -- https://www.facebook.com/MatteiruScans

#2 Kuu Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

Kuu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Current mood: None chosen

My sister loves Korean dramas. In fact, she loves them so much she denounces Japanese dramas as being better ahaha. I'm not really into any dramas so I suppose I'll take her word for it? Anyway, thank you so much! (And sorry your release on MU took awhile to get approved, but you're all good!).

#3 freija93 Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:54 PM

freija93

Perfect Proofer

• Staff Emeritus
  • 325 posts

Ah, Princess Hours. Shin's actor really knows how to be the flat, cold, annoying boy, but when he warms up to Chae Gyeong... The viewers melt as well. <3 I enjoyed their romantic moments, kufufu~

Thank you for the releases, and once again happy birthday to Haikara! Can't wait for the Batoto links. :3

#4 holanio Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

holanio

a bean

• Staff Emeritus
  • 834 posts

Current mood: Spaced
(And sorry your release on MU took awhile to get approved, but you're all good!).

Haha, no problem! It didn't take too long ^___^ Thanks for getting us through~<3

uBEATAJsig_zpsb19be736.png

#5 jujuseed Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

jujuseed

Ediproofitor

• Inactive Staff
  • 96 posts

Wow what an amazing release post! Good job Hana! Also, thanks/happy birthday haikara <3 <3  m( _  _ )m

Ah, Princess Hours. Shin's actor really knows how to be the flat, cold, annoying boy, but when he warms up to Chae Gyeong... The viewers melt as well. <3 I enjoyed their romantic moments, kufufu~

Wow Princess Hours is one of my favourites! The only thing that weirded me out was that Shin's actor looks EXACTLY like my a friend of mine in high school, his name was Andy and he's normally a very stoic kid. So to see someone with Andy's face eventually turning into mushy lovesick goo because of a girl was a very... interesting experience. :P Another favourite of mine is Secret Garden, you should give that a go if you haven't already because both the male/female leads are so incredibly tsuntsun <3 

Posted Image

#6 Haikara Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

Haikara

Sugars Warrior

• Inactive Staff
  • 46 posts

Current mood: Starving

Thank you all~~ Gonna enjoy the releases :wub:

Btw, I watched Princess Hours too ! But now I rarely watch K-dramas, the last one that I watched was Mary Stayed Out All Night. And my favourite is Cinderella`s Sister, although this series is full of drama and tearjerking :'(

#7 imaai Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

imaai

Advan-freaking-awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Current mood: Fine

Happy Birthday Haikara & thanks so much for the new releases guys~

Speaking of korean dramas, I also watched Goong and a few remarkable others like Sassy Girl Chunhyang, My Lovely Sam Soon, Sungkyunkwan Scandal, Personal Taste, City Hunter, and Secret Garden ^^

#8 CookieMonsterHana Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

CookieMonsterHana

Procrastinating Fangirl

• Staff
  • 161 posts

Current mood: Procrastinating

Wow, I can't believe so many of you guys watched Princess Hours! I thought I was the only one here ;A; I'm finally at the part where Shin stops being a jerk to Chae-Kyung and it's so lovely, my feels are melting all over the place. asdfghjk; I was really partial to Yul's actor in the beginning though, because Shin was such a jerk, you just had to like Yul.

I've heard City Hunter is incredible, and I'll definitely add Secret Garden to my list! Horray for more dramas to view \o/

#9 triny Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:49 PM

triny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Current mood: Sleepy

I'm into K-drama myself. i've seen quite a lot till now and never been dissapointed ^_^. I think I started whith Goong and continued with Coffee Prince and then I just couldn' stop.

Thanks for the releases! 

#10 orquidea_negra1 Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:00 AM

orquidea_negra1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Thank you so much for the releases.

#11 freija93 Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:27 AM

freija93

Perfect Proofer

• Staff Emeritus
  • 325 posts
Speaking of korean dramas, I also watched Goong and a few remarkable others like Sassy Girl Chunhyang, My Lovely Sam Soon, Sungkyunkwan Scandal, Personal Taste, City Hunter, and Secret Garden ^^

The ones in bold are the awesome old series. I love them both, recommended as well. Especially Chun Hyang for the romance and comedy and City Hunter for the hot Lee Min Ho in action!

/getting off-topic

Finally read HAL, yay! MU says it's "Haru", I suppose we'll stick to HAL? :)

#12 holanio Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

holanio

a bean

• Staff Emeritus
  • 834 posts

The ones in bold are the awesome old series. I love them both, recommended as well. Especially Chun Hyang for the romance and comedy and City Hunter for the hot Lee Min Ho in action!

/getting off-topic

Finally read HAL, yay! MU says it's "Haru", I suppose we'll stick to HAL? :)

I was debating with that during the QC. I was thinking from the MU description that the real boy's name would be the more traditional "Haru" and that the robot would have a similar, yet different distinction with "Hal" as shown in the spelling in the series title logo. But then I was like, "Welp, whatever."

Do you think we should've done it that way, Phio? Any thoughts about the naming there? (Everyone can put in their input)

#13 freija93 Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:42 AM

freija93

Perfect Proofer

• Staff Emeritus
  • 325 posts
Do you think we should've done it that way, Phio? Any thoughts about the naming there? (Everyone can put in their input)

I'm rather the conservative type so if you ask me names like Haru is better. But then again I can see how we want to differentiate the real boy and the robot boy, so I'm okay going with HAL. :3

#14 holanio Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

holanio

a bean

• Staff Emeritus
  • 834 posts

The robot's name is definitely supposed to be "Hal" because that's how they romanized it in the title, but the original boy... We could've gone either way with that. Hm... If more people ask, or when the movie comes out, maybe we'll just make a version 2 later. But we'll just go with what we've got for now. Scanlation ain't perfect anywho.

ANYWAY! Hana's post has been updated with more manga goodness 8D

#15 tez-chan Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

tez-chan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Thank you so much for the new releases....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mashikaku Rock, Hal, Release, Hanas Rant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users