Welcome to Matteiru Scans Forums

Welcome to Matteiru Scans Forums, you must register before you can see all forums. Login to see our chat box! Check your spam box for our emails!
If you do not receive your verification email or have other issues with registration please email us at social{at}matteiruscans.com!

Photo

Are you a fan of J/K/C-Drama?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 freija93 Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

freija93

Perfect Proofer

• Staff Emeritus
  • 325 posts

I'm wondering if there are also fans of Japanese/Korean/Chinese TV series/movies here. I'm more a Korean drama fan when it comes to drama, though nothing beats manga and anime, lol. Do you like to watch them? What series are you watching now?

I'm following 7th Grade Civil Servant, That Winter The Wind Blows, and the TV adaptation of xxxHolic. Different series through one another, such a variation, lol.

#2 imaai Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

imaai

Advan-freaking-awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Current mood: Fine

I'm also more of a K-drama fan. But I watch occasional japanese live-action of mangas that I like as well (whether it is movie/drama)

currently I'm not following any kind of drama though. Don't know why there isn't anything eye-catching for me yet this year.

But since you're following both 7th Grade Civil Servant & That Winter The Wind Blows, are they good & worth-watching? I might want to pick up some dramas to watch soon~

#3 freija93 Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:52 PM

freija93

Perfect Proofer

• Staff Emeritus
  • 325 posts
But since you're following both 7th Grade Civil Servant & That Winter The Wind Blows, are they good & worth-watching? I might want to pick up some dramas to watch soon~

Hm~ Among both I'd say That Winter The Wind Blows is better because of the amazing cast and characterization. The plot also has more twists than 7th Grade Civil Servant. It's more a serious one, while Civil Servant is a romantic comedy.

On the contrary I don't watch a lot of adaptations; I think I've only seen Nodame Cantabile and xxxHolic.

#4 freija93 Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:57 PM

freija93

Perfect Proofer

• Staff Emeritus
  • 325 posts

Sorry for double post, but is there anyone where who watch the latest/newest adaptation of Itazura na Kiss? The new drama is Japanese, titled Itazura na Kiss ~ Love in TOKYO. I was curious about why this strange anime got so many drama adaptations so I decided to try one of 'em... And there's almost always annoying characters in each episode... But episode 10 caught me unguarded. I've been repeating the scenes and squee-ing like crazy. *__*

#5 souka Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:06 PM

souka

poop master

• Staff
  • 1,020 posts

Current mood: Sluggish

I've mainly watched older dramas.

Hana yori Dango, Hana Kimi, Densha Otoko, Mei-chan no Shitsuji, Atashinchi no Danshi, Nobuta wo Produce, Great Teacher Onizuka, Yankee-kun to Megane-chan, Gokusen, Zettai Kareshi

I really like lighter series with comedy. If you think you know any that fit my taste, please tell me!!

souka

I love sushi.

#6 Jenatrix Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:06 PM

Jenatrix

Advanced Member

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Donator

I've never watched series but loooove Korean romance movies. Favourite is wind struck and temptation of wolves

#7 freija93 Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:19 AM

freija93

Perfect Proofer

• Staff Emeritus
  • 325 posts
I really like lighter series with comedy. If you think you know any that fit my taste, please tell me!!

Maybe Nodame Cantabile? It can be too strange for some people instead of funny, but I love the plot and the music and the comedy (and the romance obviously). :3

#8 eirini_kl Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:02 AM

eirini_kl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Current mood: None chosen

I like watching Japanese dramas, mainly manga or anime I liked that were adapted to dramas. I've watched GTO, Hammer Session and Yasuko to Kenji - I highly recommend the latter, it's hilarious!

#9 sthrei Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:15 AM

sthrei

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Maybe Nodame Cantabile? It can be too strange for some people instead of funny, but I love the plot and the music and the comedy (and the romance obviously). :3

Agree, Nodame Cantabile is hilarious (and i collect the soundtrack cd, really great to hear when doing random things in front of your PC).

Japanese drama is my favorite, recently i watch Hanzawa Naoki, Kaseifu no Mita, and Yamada kun and the Seven Witches. The last korean drama i watch was 7th grade civil servant--and I'm still not finished watching it.

#10 uotohana Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:27 AM

uotohana

Translator

• Staff
  • 16 posts

Hanzawa Naoki?! good job, im halfway through it and I just can't get enough of it. (:

lighter series with comedy... a recent one I caught was Switch Girl. It's adapted from a manga and I've gotta say it's one of the better adaptations I've seen so far and it's definitely very funny! :D

lol yeah, the last korean drama i watched was good doctor, they tend to be pretty good at the start but die off towards the end, so i could never finish That winter the wind blows even though i love the two leads so much! 

another jap drama i'd recommend is Saikou no Rikon, just cos it's Eita and it's really different from otehr romcoms out there!

#11 urania Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:55 PM

urania

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Current mood: Breezy

I only had watched Korean and Japanese Dramas though I watched more J than K. 

I only had finished a few Korean dramas because 16 episodes is too long for me who got bored easily (I prefer reading than watching so I really can't stand watching the same thing for a long period of time haha)

Since J drama is shorter, like 10 or 11 episodes I successfully finished some, especially the funny ones because they just brighten my day! :D

The only sad drama I had watched might have been Boku no Ita Jikan, and I felt so happy I finished it.  :D At first I started because of Miura Haruma but it was a wonderful drama (I almost cried but didn't, as always. I really wanted to try crying for a drama/movie idk why)

Will be checking out all the drama titles appearing on this page hehe xD

U R A N I A

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users