Welcome to Matteiru Scans Forums

Welcome to Matteiru Scans Forums, you must register before you can see all forums. Login to see our chat box! Check your spam box for our emails!
If you do not receive your verification email or have other issues with registration please email us at social{at}matteiruscans.com!

Photo

Do you still remember your first anime?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 freija93 Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

freija93

Perfect Proofer

• Staff Emeritus
  • 325 posts

Hello, here's me being random. :P

I'm wondering if you still remember the first anime of your life. Did they actually cause you to start on a journey through the world of anime? Or you just forgot about it and discover anime again at a later period?

I have known series like Detective Conan, Doraemon, Dragon Ball, or Yu Yu Hakusho since long time ago. But the series which really got me into anime was Cardcaptor Sakura. They used to be aired in some TV stations here at my place but now not anymore (or moved to hours which I don't know lol).

How was it for you? :D

#2 imaai Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:02 AM

imaai

Advan-freaking-awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Current mood: Fine

Hmmm my first anime, huh? It was kind of vague.

But uhh ever since I could remember, I was already watching Doraemon and Sailor Moon lol so I guess these two were my first animes. (:

#3 holanio Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

holanio

a bean

• Staff Emeritus
  • 834 posts

Current mood: Spaced

I don't remember what was my first either, but I'll agree to Cardcaptor Sakura, Sailor Moon, Hamtaro and those kinds of shows =D

I think Cardcaptor Sakura and Tokyo Mew Mew were probably the anime that propelled me to watch more though.

uBEATAJsig_zpsb19be736.png

#4 freija93 Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

freija93

Perfect Proofer

• Staff Emeritus
  • 325 posts

Ah, right, Hamtaro and Sailor Moon! Those have been aired here too. I think Tokyo Mew Mew came later, but I remember spazzing over it and the gorgeous boys there, lol. Good ol' times.

There were also titles like Hachi (that anime about a bee trying to find his mother), Yu Gi Oh, and Inuyasha. :P

#5 imaai Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:46 AM

imaai

Advan-freaking-awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

LOL I remember Hachi! It was really popular when it aired.

& I still remember being sad while watching the show ahaha

#6 freija93 Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:24 AM

freija93

Perfect Proofer

• Staff Emeritus
  • 325 posts
LOL I remember Hachi! It was really popular when it aired.

& I still remember being sad while watching the show ahaha

Honestly I never watched the series properly, only once in a while. So I didn't feel sad or anything, lol. I wonder if the story ended happily?

#7 imaai Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

imaai

Advan-freaking-awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

^Haha, I wonder about that too. I watched it when I was a kid, so I don't remember the details.

#8 Nyreem Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:40 AM

Nyreem

Nyce Pro-reem

• Staff
  • 344 posts

Current mood: Cheerful

Must've been Sailor Moon for me, too!  I wasn't allowed to watch it, though, so I would sneak into my mom's room and watch bits and pieces of it on her tiny TV while trying to look like I was flipping through stations.  Cardcaptor Sakura, as well.

My "first" anime that I watched that got me into it again later in life, though, was Princess Mononoke.

#9 souka Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:44 AM

souka

poop master

• Staff
  • 1,020 posts

Current mood: Sluggish

Might have been Dragon Ball or Sailor Moon... possibly Pokemon.

souka

I love sushi.

#10 freija93 Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:01 AM

freija93

Perfect Proofer

• Staff Emeritus
  • 325 posts
Must've been Sailor Moon for me, too!  I wasn't allowed to watch it, though, so I would sneak into my mom's room and watch bits and pieces of it on her tiny TV while trying to look like I was flipping through stations.  Cardcaptor Sakura, as well.

My "first" anime that I watched that got me into it again later in life, though, was Princess Mononoke.

Aw, I wonder why you're not allowed to watch Sailor Moon? :o

Might have been Dragon Ball or Sailor Moon... possibly Pokemon.

Oh, right, Pokemon too. Though I didn't watch it, it surely colored my anime Sunday morning before. :P

#11 DarkPixie Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

DarkPixie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Current mood: Starving

Doraemon?? or Astroboy??

if it's shoujo anime then it will be Minky Momo or Creamy Mami or Sailor Moon (??)

Well, I kinda forgot what my first is...

There's Tom and Jerry, Casper, Tweety too  :P

#12 Ren Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:50 AM

Ren

The one with all the scanners!

• Staff
  • 1,304 posts

Donator

Current mood: Bookworm
Aw, I wonder why you're not allowed to watch Sailor Moon? :o

Oh, right, Pokemon too. Though I didn't watch it, it surely colored my anime Sunday morning before. :P

I understand her parent's concern. Sailormoon has quite a number of romantic and kissing scenes. There's even a theme of homosexuality. My mom would usually tease me whenever I watched Sailormoon as a kid because I would go "ayeee!" when there are mature scenes going on -- then she'd steal the remote and make me watch Tom & Jerry instead. Lol.

In the past, anime were always heavily censored. Some parts of every anime in the past, which they deem too mature for kids, were always edited out. It's like how Toonami changes Sanji's cigarette into a friggin lollipop nowadays. 

Anyways, when we were kids, the ones on TV were anime like Voltes V. Early episodes of Dragonball, Sailormoon, Ranma 1/2, Dragon Quest, Yu Yu Hakusho, Lupin the 3rd, and other really old anime series (80s anime). We kinda grew up with Goku...

Gosh, I'm like a prehistoric dino...

#13 freija93 Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:38 AM

freija93

Perfect Proofer

• Staff Emeritus
  • 325 posts

Ou, I see. Thanks for the explanation, Ren! Probably my brain did a clearance on its own, I don't remember any mature scenes shown when I saw the anime in TV back then. Of course, nowadays if I go to check the series on YouTube for example no censor involved and so I understand what you said. I guess that's why my TV never aired it until it's finished! :OO

#14 Jenatrix Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:17 AM

Jenatrix

Advanced Member

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Donator

Well sailor moon/dbz/digimon.
Though first real anime was berserk. Forever in looooove

#15 Jaffa Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:50 AM

Jaffa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Current mood: None chosen

First anime I saw on TV when I was little was Sailor Moon (though I was like 6 back then and didn't know what an anime was). Others include Yuyu Hakusho, Pokemon, DBZ, Slam Dunk.

First anime that I watched (on my laptop, when I was 13 or so) knowing that it was an anime was either Hunter x Hunter (90s version) or Eyeshield 21.

#16 Raelin Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

Raelin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Current mood: Tired
This brings me back lol, I believe my first one was either Inuyasha or Naruto....

I was never really into Doraemon, Sailor Moon or Captor Sakura. (Don't murder me T.T) I guess I was more into the action stuff, and I really liked Yu Yu Hakusho, Bleach and Yu-Gi-Yoh. Especially Yu-Gi-Yoh, too. It was better than Pokémon to me. And I got into anime at a pretty early age too, but I'm still young now, so I guess that most of the anime I watched are more recent than what you guys have watched. ^ ^

#17 Akihito Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:25 AM

Akihito

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Current mood: None chosen

Sailor Moon the very first verson! I watched it when I was a 5 years old, and since there was not so many anime/cartoon/TV show at that time, all my family gathered at the TV and watched Sailor Moon together. We all had a great time. Things like that don't happen anymore...

#18 ilcsi18 Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:59 AM

ilcsi18

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Current mood: Sunshine

My first anime was Sekai Meisaku Douwa: Oyayubi Hime (a Thumbelina fairytale made in 1978) I can sing ere now Thumbelina's beautiful song from it. :)

#19 Sonk_Hachi Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:30 AM

Sonk_Hachi

Ambassador of Awesome

• Staff
  • 127 posts

Current mood: Musical

Initially I didn't know that "anime" are japanese cartoons (with subtitles in our own languages). When I found out that they exist first anime that I watched was Code Geass! *-----* 

Posted Image

#20 BaGamman Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:45 PM

BaGamman

The Man!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Current mood: Balanced

During my childhood I was fan of a french anime nammed "Code Lyoko".

I dunno if you'll manage to find it in subtitled english, but you should watch the Seasons 1,2,3 and 4 if a part of kidness still inside your heart, seriously.

But please don't watch season 5, they fucked it up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users